Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I.S.O. file #1 The original owner of this 1978 monza spyder..

This is going to be #1 in my 'In Search Of' series..  for when it comes to something H body related I'm searching for.

In this installment I'm in search of...[drumroll here...] the Original owner of this car.  It's a seemingly impossible find. But worth a shot.

This car was custom ordered new in 1978 from Mulkin Chevrolet in Brockport, NY. Probably ordered late april / early may of '78 since it's factory build date is in May.

Some ordered this car with an excellent set of options to balance sport and performance..

No A/C
Standard 4speed manual trans
Optional 5.0 litre V8 engine
Tilt wheel
Delay Wipers
Red with Tan cloth interior
Spyder Performance package
Spyder Appearance package
Posi Traction

The story I have is it was owned by the original owner until sometime in 1981.

The second owner Bought the car from Durfee Chevrolet Old's on West Ridge Rd in Spencerport, NY.

How it ended up there is a mystery.

I would say most likely the original owner simply traded it in there, but possibly, the dealership got it from the auction, or insurance lot, or where ever it ended up, to refurbish and re-sell.

in 2012 I chased down a tip that lead to me finding a nice lady who indeed bought a Red 1978 Chevy Monza with the v8 from Mulkin's in 1978 only her's wasn't a Spyder. It was a plane jane model.
Or thats what she claims to remember anyhow.  So, "close, but no cigar" as the old saying goes.

Should the original owner type "1978 monza spyder" into a google search bar, hopefully they would end up here!.

 It's a long shot but who knows.. maybe someone knows someone that knows someone that knows someone else who might know...lol   I'm the 3rd owner.  I now consider myself the main owner since, I've owned it the longest of all.
red chevy chevrolet monza spyder spider
1978 Chevy Monza Spyder




No comments:

Post a Comment