Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Monza 2+2 Math / design geometry..Shapes angles ect..

This post is about a thought I often have while on a long drive...but rarely remember while sitting at the PC.

In an upcoming post about the design and shape of the 2+2... I'll be reminiscing about, how after all these years of looking at it, I'll still find myself in the garage or driveway....just looking at it.  
My eye's keep going over and over the shapes and details that never cease to please.
 I find the shape and style of the car very intriguing...and still so after all these years..


Well... in recent times, I've had some time to be entertained by Youtube documentaries on subjects I find interesting. And archeology and the Pyraminds and ancient monuments is a subject that fascinates me. Those documentaries led me to some other similar ones about subjects like free-masonry, ancient aliens, The Cosmos.. and Quantum Physics/Mathmatics. I found out about things like the Fibonacci Spiral, found thought nature and ancient / modern architecture.. 

There is one really crazy documentary out there that shows how math and angles and geometric shapes are really deep into the architecture of modern and ancient times, with the alignments and lines found in the design of certain major cities and the pyramids of Egypt and such.. 

So that got me wondering if any "ancient architecture' or interesting / specific geometry was used by the stylist at GM. And if thats where the intrigue in the monza shapes, comes from.
I'd love to know some of the exact angles and numbers used in the original clay model / blueprint's. I'm now thinking that the arc of the roof-line and window outline and other angles and lines have much more thought and purpose behind them as opposed to just random styling shot's in the dark.

Whats known is, Irving Rhybicki, who drew up the initial concept drawings, was inspired heavily by a popular Ferrari of the age.. the 365 gtc/4..   Pininnfarina of Itally built the first unibodied prototype.
All under the direction of John Moss.  These designers/ engineer's/stylists...were certainly schooled on math and engineering, and would likely have been into how certain design's and geometries could affect people emotionally.  Also in the design was some of the first use of computers to draw up blueprints. 


Just some thoughts..

No comments:

Post a Comment